Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, August 29, 2016

The End of an Era

seemed like a dramatic enough title to commemorate the end of august
why?
No clue

SO since you all like my creative writing style so much I am going to try and keep it up


Walking, step by step by step
the hot sun beating across the back of our necks 
Heads held High
grinning from ear to ear
at the Joke another shared

Side by side
Two by two
here to save
me and you

He made it possible 
so long ago
Christ 
Jesus 
The Atoning One

We walk 
miles at a time
to find one 
to share a truth
that effects us all 

As we walk and talk we speak of many things
some of them amazing to think
How much we've changed we often remark
just a year ago we often start
we listened to music with our ears 
and now it pierces our hearts
we drew from our minds 
now from our souls 
for the words to lift those with heavy tolls 

the Tolls of Sin we rarely bring up 
for those are paid in full by Him

that's all we want to share we often remark
how you can be happy at last in this Dark
the Dark of sin settling in the very veins of the earth
it slanders everything good and wonderful

we discussed the other day why ZSatan makes it this way
as we thought of how much our talents we've suppressed 
and now we discover we are just as good as the rest
Satan's lies aren't all in sin
He really seeks to make miserable man 

so every time I draw
and every time I write 
I actually am participating in the fight 
the fight against misery
the fight against idleness

because creative things are from our Father
the Creator of all
and he Made everything so we could be here
and learn to be like him
and become as he is

for is that not what Christ said those many years ago

Are we not all Gods?

we were born to create 
to act and not be acted upon

and by acting 
We Win

and Satan really honestly doesn't have a prayer against us 

so 
if your feeling sad 
or lonely 
or tired of the fight to do Right
pick up a brush
or a pencil 
or start typing 
or grab some clay
just do what you can to create and let God help you
he will
because at the end of the day
that's what he wants for us


I love you all 
creativty is back
imagination is back
joy is back
life is back
the dark tunnel I was in has ended 
No longer am I working toward the light
I am in and surrounded by it

I am Back
and better than ever

Elder Bone 
OCM

No comments:

Post a Comment