Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, September 5, 2016

A Mighty change of Heart

the past is interesting 
it defines us and makes up who we are 
but the same pieces of our personal history that made us who we are we seek to Hide and even destroy all reference to if possible.
Why?
because of Repentance

The Atonement of Jesus Christ makes Repentance possible if not for him this life would never progress, learning, growing, existing
all would be wiped away and impossible 
but Christ DID atone and as a result we can Repent

Repent is a powerful word 
sometimes used in the church to the point of boredom
how many of us hear about repentance and think that's just for those that committed the big sins and what not

WRONG 

Repentance is literally turning our hearts to god and away from sin
to CHANGE to become something new to let your actions chart a course of change in your life and in your soul

I have to petition the father with great earnestness to repent just as much as any 
Drug addict
Murderer
slothful person
has to 
because they like me are all changing 
I have to become better day by day
or all is nought

we only have this time on earth to learn and develop the traits of Jesus Christ 
we are setting a course to the Eternities
there is not a moment to lose 


Press forward with steadfast faith in Christ my Good Brothers and Sisters 
Ponder anew the Things God can Do with you 
live life to the richest you can by making each day an adventure no matter what you are doing 
and above all 
love one another 

Until I write you again I bid you all adu
Elder Bone
OCM

No comments:

Post a Comment