Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Storms ain't got nothin on these sons of Guns

SO
the heavens have declared all out war on the fair land of Ohio....


let me walk you though it as much as I can with my completely trashed planner 

Monday was pretty normal after some preperation day stuff we just chilled till we went out and knocked some doors the usual

Tuesday as well 
consisted of some follow up on potentials and the like 

Wednesday was more of that as well

Thursday the storms began

all was well that day even though the 90 degree heatwave with high humidity we were out working untill the evening when we went down to hudson
on the way we saw some storm clouds rolling in



and then they were on top of us

Gallons and gallons of water a second poured down on us 
the car was engulfed in this tidal wave of rain
....
right at our dedicated finding time
where we are supposed to be outside

so 

we said a quick prayer and at the amen a HUGE Bolt of lightning was in the distance followed by the Clap of Thunder 

we both looked at each other and then emptied our pockets till all we had was our tags and our testimonies 

so we kinda just looked at each other and said
"faith without works is dead"
and opened the doors and ran out of the car

within seconds we were already DRENCHED by the time we made it up the first driveway to knock on the door I'm pretty sure I was swimming more than I was actually walking 

thankfully a really nice older couple answered the door and offered us some towels and let us talk to them till the storm passed 
they weren't super interested but the next house we tried was and we set up to see them again on Saturday after explaining the Restoration and the need for the Book of Mormon

Friday was easily in the 95-99 degree range it was also HUMID like Elder Whipple walked out and his glasses fogged up immediately 
it was unbearably hot 
then at almost the exact same time as yesterday 
this time we were walking and tracting not far from home

but certainly far enough

the heavens opened again
this time we had no way of protecting our planners and what not
so 
they are now completely trashed 

thankfully the transfer is almost over and then we get a new one

they crazy thing is i've been here for 3 months and it still feels like 3 weeks 

but I am loving it so much!

Love ya all and don't be afraid to dance in the Rain!

Elder Rainstick Bone
OCM

No comments:

Post a Comment