Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Another one bites the Dust

I remarked as yet another investigator dropped us making the count 3 in the last 5 hours on a blazing hot Saturday Afternoon

Elder Whipple and I have had well a hard go the last week 
in just the past 4 days our pool of investigators went from 10 to 2 many dropping us with no real reason and a few that came across some unfavorable material against the church

Stupid Anti Mormon propaganda

(I like how I can spell Propaganda right the first try but if I try to spell Wednesday the first time I am almost guaranteed failure because English)

So since this week was kinda depressing I am just gonna write about life and maybe throw some stuff in that happened this week 

so

It's really quite amazing to me I've gotten this far for some of you that knew me a few years ago you may have thought I would have never really served a mission let alone stayed active in the church but now I don't know whose thoughts they really were (well beside them being the adversary's) 

Change is amazing I have seen it in those I have taught and I have seen it in myself 
for a time I would rarely if ever speak of the scriptures, of the prophets or even of the Savior but now almost all the time his name is upon my lips and emblazoned on my chest as the representative of Him who we owe our lives to

many times in lessons I will speak, and not knowing what to say I will testify of him in a way that old 17 year old me wouldn't even attempt. I know that that change comes by and though the Atonement of Christ.

Do I still miss Home? you bet, it's not easy to realize your 1,700 miles from home, family, friends not to mention the complete in accessibility to the life you may have led back home whether it be Music or movies or Video games or even activities such as swimming or rock climbing

all an all the week has been interesting but its all a moment really in the grand scheme of things 
I'm sure the lord has many plans that I can't even begin to understand

Time really is beginning to fly 
faster and faster 
the days become blurred together 
hours are minutes and minutes are hours
As time ticks away sometimes it stops
for just a moment it freezes 
a memory is formed to secure 
a phase
a picture
a person
a feeling
that lifts to a higher plane
one where time isn't really relevant
the plane where we are truly from 
I let the time pass though my fingers sifting it for those frozen moments
so I can really enjoy every moment 

As life moves on So do I 
all I have to do is keep moving forward

I love you all more now than ever 
i'll see you all soon enough in a frozen moment that is just on the rise

Elder Bone
OCM

No comments:

Post a Comment