Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Zone Conference and other Shake downs

I do enjoy fun titles XD

So My family all went to Cali without me ... nice :P

Monday:
The mission is hurting for miles (SL cut the mission by like 1,000 so everyone is hurting (except us :) so instead of doing anything we did nothing. XD nah we all played Monopoly deal till we wanted to kill each other XD

Tuesday:
Scott canceled on us so no dice there
we (finally)  saw sister Otero again. We had like a 10 minute lesson before we all had to go which kinda Bites but we hopefully will be able to see her again on a more regular basis. 
after dinner we headed to Bro. Luevano's to chat and share the #hallughlia (<-- one word I just can't spell :P) He liked it a lot and he's getting closer to landing a job that won't have him working on Sundays all the time :)

Wednesday: 
(sometimes I wonder how legible my emails would be if I didn't have spell check...)
A really really delayed ZONE CONFERENCE
well you can argue it wasn't if you count Christmas conference but still its been a while.
normally we combine with the Canton zone so we have like 50+ there but this time it was just our zone and we were all Front and Center Nose to nose with President Brown. it was INTENSELY awesome! Some new changes from WAY up top are hitting us and most all of them are Very obviously geared toward missionaries with iPads.. which is almost all of them.. barring only us pretty much. naturally right? :P (i'm not bitter or anything XD)
So I always find it the height of irony when president stresses the need to be punctual and then proceeds to extend our meeting by a good hour and a half.. so we had to cancel pretty much everything else that evening  :P

Thursday:
Did some plannin' Stopped by some old referrals went to bishops for correlation meeting and went to institute, when we got there Kyle wasn't there so elder Fifield and I started walking home because that's mission policy if your Investigator doesn't come to an event, well as we were walking home guess who we walked into? Kyle! on his way up so we got to go and stay for the rest of institute which was awesome!

Friday:
So we did some service for Brother Potter he needed help moving his recliner out and moving a new one in so we showed up on time.. however the actual recliner wasn't forthcoming till... an hour and a half after it was supposed to be there. on the flip side everything else fell though so we could help.

Saturday:
We helped Brother Norton move out and he's headed your way! that is to the SL Valley. He's awesome and I hope to see him again when I go home! After that everybody flamed us except the stebels :) they the best :D

Sunday:
Easter Sunday so no ward Council which is nice :)
Sacrament meeting was good too, got me pumped for GC or in other words Missionary Superbowl!
basically spent Easter with the Stebels which was a lot of fun!

Love ya all 
Elder Bone
OCM

Alma 30:44
But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.


No comments:

Post a Comment