Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Training meetings and Raising the Bar

We had some really cool stuff happen this week relating to good meetings that helped us and will continue to help us grow in the mission and work well with our investigators and our districts.

Monday:
it was Finally sunny enough for me to clean my bike, Ohio uses SO much road salt that if you don't keep it clean it will rust really easy, after that did some window shopping and bout choked on my tie when I saw a store charging almost $100 for a copy of Double Dash. (scary thing is I still almost considered buying it.. sorry bro)
That evening we had dinner at a Nepali members home... Lets just say I'm glad I was sent state side. it was too weird to have to A) eat a fish and B) actually eat the fish with its eyes staring at you... ew
(needless to say I kinda lost my appetite)

Tuesday:
tried to stay busy as we could and actually find someone to talk to but no dice :(

Wednesday:
EXCHANGES.. again.. Elder Bennett likes to procrastinate XD this time though I went with Elder Bradshaw and I GOT TO DRIVE! man it was too long since I had driven but on the upside I only got one "Aggressive driving" for a semi-sharp turn :P dang TIWI 
The rest of the day was pretty much teaching less actives and brother McCoy who I got along with really well cuz of his Tech backround (he does 3D modeling)

Thursday: 
Got a refferal from a Member and we went to contact it and they wanted NOTHING to do with us but we at least got them to take the Book of Mormon so YAY :)
after that we had dinner with the bishop to discuss the ward's progress

Friday:
ZTM!! We talked ALOT about changing our District meetings to include more spontaneous practices during our councils as well as applying our new Standards of Excellence to improve the Mission. Just some really good discussion in general. one Quote one of our Sister training leaders gave was " Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less" 
after the meeting we went to Steak N Shake as a Zone. (photo will be below) I don't think they were at all prepared for our group! 

Saturday:
met with Kyle and Micheal (a member of the YSA branch) he invited Kyle to A) go to the singles branch which we think will be way better for him and B) to the Kirtland temple to have sacrament, something  they do once a month or so. we thought we could go but then we got denied :P
Had dinner at the Stebels again and I love their Family!

Sunday:
Well we WERE planing on going to Kirtland (we WILL GO soon) we had to plan last minute (I'm not bitter at all XD) what to do for the evening so we mainly just did some finding and more or less just some being rejected nicely or harshly. 

Monday: 
due to transfers we move our Prep-day hence the this being Tuesday that I am sending this to you. had District meeting which went AWESOME as we applyied what we learned on Friday to practice more. Did some more Biking trying to track down lost sheep before going to the Stebels for Dinner again and had a good fun time talking about the Marshmallow experiment that Pres. Uchtdorf shared one confrence.
that evening we got transfer calls and Elder Fifield and I are staying put for the time being!

Love you all and have a good week!

Elder Bone
OCM


Alma 11:40
And he shall come into the world to redeem his people; and he shall take upon him the transgressions of those who believe on his name; and these are they that shall have eternal life, and salvation cometh to none else.










No comments:

Post a Comment