Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Sunny days ahead

GOOOOOOD MORNING all!!!

If there is one thing I've learned about myself this year is that weather REALLY affects my mood, not in a bad way but just dampens my usual upbeat-take-on-the-world-singing-and-smiling self

on the upside we've got 50's and 60's on their way.. and a few 5's but we will cross that bridge when we come to it...

our week went well quite like them all. we had some ups, and some downs as we transferred caloric energy from our "nutritious" food in to Physical exertion. as we did that we moved with swiftness from place to place many times turning our exertion in to potential energy which we spent much faster as gravity assisted us in that exchange. 
...
what it was a slow week :P and I am at the moment anything but.

Down to the Nitty-gritty 

Monday:
Spent a loooong time emailing and went thrift shopping and found 5 ties for $5 sweet deal for me XD

Tuesday:
Had disaster-I-mean District Meeting..and we had a FREAK snow storm that COATED every thing in snow. it actually looked really pretty. The rest of the day we spent finding but that evening we met with Tom again!
Tom is doing well and we got to teach him the Plan of salvation, turns out he lives way outside the ward boundaries but we are still going to teach him as its easiest for him this way. we invited him to baptism and he said he'll pray about it so keep him in your prayers!

Wednesday:
are we all just in a big huge game of hide and seek? like trying to find people is rough but we keep doing our best! 

Thursday:
More less-active hunting and finding, so very few people to teach makes it hard. on the upside the weather picked up  and the snow from Monday melted mostly by the evening which meant we could ride the sidewalks again which is a MILLION times safer than Ohio pot-holes. I mean roads..

Friday: 
EXCHANGES! always fun and this time I was rolling with Elder Bennett in our area which was nice. naturally almost everything fell though so we just did some tracting and we (thankfully) had a dinner that didn't drop us, Spent the evening laughing with the Gerstenslagers a really nice gamer family XD so you know we got along.

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL! sun and Blue skies with just the right amount of breeze, We met outside with Kyle and had a cool lesson on the need for the Book of Mormon (he was trying to explain it to his Jehovah witness uncle XD I love Kyle) the kinda sad thing was right as we left his mom showed up :P  we WILL teach her one of these days.. darn satan

Sunday:
Church was awesome cuz Kyle came ON TIME! actually got to have the sacrament and everything! One of the speakers gave a talk on Momotarō, a Japanese story of bravery and friendship.. half way though it Sister Gerstenslager leaned forward and whispered "sounds like a really boring quest line in WoW" I had to try really REALLY hard not to laugh XD (Mom ask Josh if you don't get it XD)

Well some Photos are in order and will be forthcoming 

Elder Bone
OCM

Second Corinthians 1:12
For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdombut by the grace of God, we have had our conversation ithe world, and more abundantly to you-ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment