Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, June 6, 2016

The start of the Beginning of the End

​Hard to believe that just a year ago I was probably trying to fall asleep in bed, wondering what in the world Ohio was going to bring me.

Just a year ago I made a fateful step in to the MTC and out of my life

Just a year ago I gave it all up for Him.

and you know what makes it even crazier 

It either feels like a few months have past or a few years have past.

But in all reality 

it was indeed
just a year ago

Here's to making it the best year ever!

If it's true what everyone has said it is gonna feel like 2 weeks by the time next June hits

I'm not eager to go home but I am eager to keep working, keep improving and above all keep growing 

This year of my life has changed me, even just week to week I feel like I have undergone massive change in my behavior and my actions 

It really is true that 

"A study of the gospel of Jesus Christ will change Attitudes and Behaviors quicker than a study of behavior will change behaviors"

I think Elder Holland explained it best with his talk on tomorrow

He opened saying how for 12 hours we are focused on the words of Christ from his Ordained leaders, that we listen and take notes and love those 12 hours. 
but he said that for those 12 hours they are focused on us. 

The savior does the same thing for us, as we sharpen our focus on his teaching he teaches us more perfectly because we are listening for him. He loves us and wants us to learn and grow

that's all this world really is 

a place to grow

A true garden for our souls

Love you all
Keep on Growing
Elder Bone
OCM

No comments:

Post a Comment