Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, April 25, 2016

To Be continued

That was the Theme of My Great-aunt Rolene's Farewell from this Mortal world.
The Bishop of the Solon ward spoke wonderfully about how there really is no The End and how it is always To Be Continued. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and how it helps us know our eternal Destiny.

The week was kinda Busy but I am a failure at a missionary cuz I forgot my planner so Instead I am just gonna cover the major bits that happened    

Probably the most notable occurrence was my Great-Aunts passing, I was so blessed to be in the place where I could go and fulfill my baptismal covenants of Mourning with those that Mourn and comforting those that stand in need of Comfort. It was an honor to attend and be able to represent the Utah family for the Murphy family at this hard time for them.
BONUS I got to see the DC crew like WAY sooner than I would of ever guessed! the lord certainly knows how to plan.

Another Notable thing that happened was we found a new investigator named Jason, He was outside and we started talking to him when he was on his Porch. we set a return time (cuz it was late and we were headed home) and when we saw him again he was totally ready to listen and loved the restoration. He struggles with church as he hasn't been since he was 12 but he really wants to know about God again especially after his neighbor and friend died last week. He is looking for guidance and the gospel sure will help :)

Other than that not much happened, I was really glad to go to the Funeral and see and comfort family. I love you all and hope you all have a good week

Elder Bone
OCM


Second Nephi 28:9

 Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, false and vain and foolish doctrines, and shall be puffed up in their hearts, and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord; and their works shall be in the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment