Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, January 4, 2016

There are somethings a Missionary should NEVER have to do

Depressing title but it will make sense soon

Week started out with Nerf + 1/2 PVC = elders having too much fun XD 

that was Monday 

Tuesday: 
Exchanges with Elder Jones which was cool (he's the District leader) So he and I went and taught Kyle about Missionary work which he is already Boss at (did I mention he has read over 200 pages of the Book of mormon in 2 weeks and UNDERSTANDS it all?! He quoted Jacob 5 when we talked about the Gathering of Israel in church like HE'S awesome!)

Wednesday: 
Not much happened, Met with the Kliens a severly less than active couple who we see weekly then got Flamed a bunch typical missionary day :P)

Thursday:
Found out Kyle was put on Probation because of something He did 6 months ago... we called president about this new information and My heart dropped... He can't be baptized until august when his Probation ends.... 
so yeah that bites. 
a lot


Friday:
Zone training took up most of the day and then we went to visit Brother Baughman (a returning sorta less active) at the Rehab center. He was in a terrible accident and he is possibly paralyzed from the waist down. Keep him in your prayers 

Saturday:
Met with Oz a sort of investigator and taught her the Restoration but she still struggles to understand who Christ is and even when we've tried and born testimony she still won't accept him. 
also met with Sister Bland a really nice less active that is super into Provident Living so win!

Sunday: went tracting after getting Flamed and walked right into Peter who welcomed us in from the cold wet snow to share the Restoration. we gave him a Book of Mormon and he even accepted the Invitation to be Baptized! we are so happy and sure that good things are happening here in Tallmadge!

Love you all so much and Have a good 2016!

Elder Bone
OCM

 10 For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.




No comments:

Post a Comment