Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, January 25, 2016

I have been changed

Change it seems is one of the great adventures of life, It is ever present and always surprising us. The change seen in self as we learn and grow Physically and Spiritually is amazingly slow but yet once we pause for just a moment we see how far we've really gone. This week was full of change for me here in Ohio and for all of you back at home from what I hear.

This week was different for me as I am with a new companion and still learning about the area I am doing my best to lead.

Starting off with Tuesday evening Elder Larsen said Goodbye to Kyle, his mom was there and she broke down in to tears. She expressed how much she loved us for bringing back her Son. I was touched deeply by that statement and it gave me a perspective I didn't have before. That we as missionaries aren't just here to Start eternal families but rather to bring members of ancient families back together, to forge that "Chain in the Generations" to not only earthly relations but rather to lasting eternal ones. I am so grateful for all I learn from those I teach. I have seen such a dramatic change in Kyle since the first day I met him to today. He has been changed by God though the Spirit and I am so grateful I am a part of that in any small fraction.

Wednesday: 
We got to watch a World Wide Missionary Broadcast, one that hasn't been held in over a decade. They taught the simple teaching to "teach repentance and Baptize Converts"  as we teach repentance people change, hearts change, and desires, dreams and hopes become focused on an Eternal plane. I have seen this change in Kyle and I am so excited for the day (however delayed it may be)  that he will be baptized. I know that all will work out in the Saviors timing and that this opportunity for Kyle to build his testimony is a great one. I also Met my New Companion Elder Fifield there. He and I are going to work hard to get to know this ward well so we can have a solid trust that hasn't really been in this ward.

Thursday:
We were invited to Dinner at a members home, The Dotsons are really nice and loved talking to us! We also stopped by Brother Baughman in the Rehab center, I don't know if I've mentioned him before but in case I haven't he was in a car crash and is possibly permanently paralyzed from the waist down. He's Less active but this event has helped him see there is much more to life than what we see here and now.

Friday:
Went with Brother Jones teaching, naturally our appointment for the night fell though and we instead met with a Part-member family. We really have been trying to meet with the ward to build those friendships and trust that has been eroded between missionaries and them. We had a good lesson with Sister Crabtree and her two sons (well one was 18 months and the other was 5  so really it was just her :P) 

Saturday:
Met with Brother Luevano who is only on the less-active list because his Job which he is trying to change. he's a really great guy and is from Las Vegas so the ward here is a LOT more spaced out to him. we talked about what we could do to help bring the ward together and he has a lot of good Ideas.

Sunday: 
Not much happened after church just biked about trying to met with Members and other Less actives. Met the Watson Family and that was nice. 

Love you all an keep Moving Forward 
Elder Bone
OCM

Photos on their way (Yoshi and Broski you'll like these ;)


Second Nephi 28:30
 30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: will give unto thchildren of men line upon line, precept upon precept,here little and there little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdomfor unthim that receiveth I will give moreand from them that shall say,We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.




No comments:

Post a Comment