Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Breaking Format

So this week is gonna be a bit different, I am gonna try to do something a little different and just talk for a minute.


My sister last week told me something that has been sticking out to me this whole week. "missions are 98% work, pain, homesickness, heartache, frustration, sickness, etc. and 2% absolute pure joy...and that 2% literally makes every second worth it." 

I have been reflecting on that 2% and I have seen that Pure Joy that she refers to once or twice so far, But as I remember them they overshadow the 98% it took to obtain them. I liken it to the sinking of the Titanic, It wasn't the 2%, the Tip of the iceberg, that sunk the believed unsinkable ship. it was the 98% that was under the ocean, the part that had been tried, tested and weathered the arctic storms, building layer upon layer until, when a strong vessel, a large trial, a great temptation of worldly measure, came upon it, it Held fast to the Joy it had in the 2%.

The Adversary is the Captain of the Titanic. A ship that was great in the eyes of Men. he sees our 2%, the Joy and the happiness that the Gospel brings, He seeks to Destroy it with his cheap imitations of greatness. However we are Built upon a Rock and he can not sway us. When the Titanic hit the Iceberg it destroyed itself. the world will always fail when up against the power of God. 

I came out on my mission seeking the Joy that others had so often described, and I have found it in the darkest of places. I know that while now may be a time of great darkness I am merely in the storm of the world and as I hold fast to the Rod of Iron and my own solidified testimony I will emerge the victor of the battle.

Hold to the Rod
Elder Bone
OCM

In with the theme of avoiding worldliness comes my Ponderize scripture of the week:

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment