Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Breaking Format

So this week is gonna be a bit different, I am gonna try to do something a little different and just talk for a minute.


My sister last week told me something that has been sticking out to me this whole week. "missions are 98% work, pain, homesickness, heartache, frustration, sickness, etc. and 2% absolute pure joy...and that 2% literally makes every second worth it." 

I have been reflecting on that 2% and I have seen that Pure Joy that she refers to once or twice so far, But as I remember them they overshadow the 98% it took to obtain them. I liken it to the sinking of the Titanic, It wasn't the 2%, the Tip of the iceberg, that sunk the believed unsinkable ship. it was the 98% that was under the ocean, the part that had been tried, tested and weathered the arctic storms, building layer upon layer until, when a strong vessel, a large trial, a great temptation of worldly measure, came upon it, it Held fast to the Joy it had in the 2%.

The Adversary is the Captain of the Titanic. A ship that was great in the eyes of Men. he sees our 2%, the Joy and the happiness that the Gospel brings, He seeks to Destroy it with his cheap imitations of greatness. However we are Built upon a Rock and he can not sway us. When the Titanic hit the Iceberg it destroyed itself. the world will always fail when up against the power of God. 

I came out on my mission seeking the Joy that others had so often described, and I have found it in the darkest of places. I know that while now may be a time of great darkness I am merely in the storm of the world and as I hold fast to the Rod of Iron and my own solidified testimony I will emerge the victor of the battle.

Hold to the Rod
Elder Bone
OCM

In with the theme of avoiding worldliness comes my Ponderize scripture of the week:

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be friend of the world is the enemy of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment