Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Clever titles are hard sometimes

Look, I can't always be clever Who am I Hermione Granger?

Medina West Split down Court chilling with 4 elders in the biggest apartment in the mission! (or at least it feels like it)

Monday: 
Played some Hard Core Elder's Ball in Akron and had a blast at missing most of the shots :P

Tuesday:
 District meeting with the Zone Leaders before our exchange. I went with Elder Ravston (forgive the spelling) and we started off the exchange with meeting some of his Idaho neighbors that moved to Medina! They are a coffee pot short of being Mormon but hopefully the other elders can fix that XD (they are on the East side :P)
Then we drove up to Tallmage and met with Courtney one of there Recent converts and talked about Family History and Patriarchal blessings which was AWESOME! 
Then after nice member provided meal of Cordon Blue we met with John who is so dry Mormon its not even funny, he asked US if we believed in  1st Corinthians 15:40-41 which talks about the 3 kingdoms and it was just AWESOME!
I love exchanges SOOO much
    
Wednesday: 

We held a Zone fast for Finding and Does Fasting work! later in the week you'll see the results of our Wednesday effort!
We ended our exchange in Medina and had a quick inventory of the Exchange before heading out to do some service for a elderly man that has MS and his wife

Thursday:
it was Dreadfully hard day for me; without talking to me Elder Sanches updated the Whole area book and weekly planned so that was difficult, whenever I tried to help he just would shoo me away and/or say stuff like "you can't help with this" so I struggled most of thursday to make the best of a bad situation
The rest of the evening was us on bikes trying to find SOMEONE who will listen to the message we have to share

Friday:
A light at the end of a trial of faith, we met Lee a 50 something man from Cleveland that has some serious Word of Wisdom problems But that is honestly seeking change in his life! He went though a nasty divorce and his old Baptist church kicked him out so he was looking for A) a new church and B) some kind of purpose in life! we taught him the Restoration briefly (we went over it later as well as he was way drunk that evening :P) and set up time to meet again!

Saturday:
we met with Lee again and he was much more coherent and willing to listen this time as we bore our witness that he has an eternal purpose and we are here to help him with achieving that purpose we also invited him to come to church with us!

Sunday:
LEE CAME TO CHURCH!!!!
I was soooooo happy and we had a fantastic sacrament meeting and lee loved it, he said it wasn't like his old services but he said it felt right! he even stayed for the whole block with us!
that evening we had to bike to our dinner appointment with the Semus's which was a great little family and we had a good time talking about King Benjamin and General Confrence!
we did a few stopby's of other members and sat down with the bishop to get to know him a little better before going to Brother Ziemers house who I forgot to tell you about last week,
He's a really nice less active that is a coming back full force to the gospel, he had a low point when he got divorced and it caught him completely off guard. he had a Really LOW point after that but thanks to a loyal Home teacher he is back and doing Great! he has an AWESOME skylander collection though so I got to geek out with him for a bit while elder sanches just looked blankly at me XD I am such a nerd still don't you worry!

Things I know I never want to have happen in my life is to be divorced, I know that sometimes it happens and it is a terribly sad thing for all involved but I know that with god's help I can have an eternal family and marry for eternity!

Hope all is well in the Wasatch front 
Winter is coming 
Elder Bone 
OCM

No comments:

Post a Comment