Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 2 "not seeing a whole lot of activity"

Hey all! 

I am doing alright I am still just learning and getting used to the ropes and the ups and downs of missionary work (although be sure there are no ups and downs in ALL of Ohio)
Elder Parris gave me my first Mission Haircut and We cut it Shoooooort.
I completely forgot it was the 4th until we went to the Bishops for Dinner and everyone was in the pool and they lit off some fireworks.
Elder Parris says I am learning quickly but maybe I am just impatient with myself.
We have been listening to General Conference as we drive to appointments or all the way to Cleveland and back for a meeting that was shorter than the drive there no joke. but anyway as we listened I had one talk really help me and I wish I had listened to it better in April   
Its titled Chose to Believe and I can't remember who gave it but that title has been my mantra as of late and I will not and can not give up- ever.

The people of Ohio are... Interesting, Most of them Flat out crazy. It's not like Salt Lake where most people are industrious and go-getters these people tend to just sit and do nothing and live in appallingly bad houses. It is difficult to understand after I learned the value of hard work from my loving and goodly parents :) how you could live like that. however this is not the case for the active members of the church. you really can see the change that the truth of the Gospel brings into the actions of people, they go and do and spread the word to all they meet

I am trying to love Ohio and working toward that Charity toward the hearts of men but I have a long way to go :P on the upside I have 2 years to get it down XD 

Love you all and wait to tell you more (when I actually have things to share)
     
Ohio Cleveland Mission

Elder Bone
PS I will be giving weekly challenges this weeks challenge is to read the Family a Proclamation to the World during Study time or FHE.
The Family is under attack and we as Latter day Saints must know where we stand and how to defend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment