Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, July 13, 2015

A Beezy ish week

(Ok I used busy for the sake of a pun, sue me)

So this week I am doing MUCH better, I have gotten to know more people and see that I judged Ohio a little to quickly and harshly
   So we do A LOT of service here in Ohio and most of it is Chopping and hauling wood or cutting grass, one lady we help usually 2 times a week is Sister Wallace. She is an less-active member along with her Husband but they are slowly making an effort to come to church (and it is an effort out here where the building is literally 30 minutes away) she's struggling with depression and her husband who I've only met once isn't home a lot because of his work schedule. we usually help with the HUGE yard she has there picking up branches that keep falling from the summer storms we have constantly here. We always like to share a quick message and I really think that helps her with what shes going though.
  Another lady we do service for is Sister Koopman (and yes she has Mario references in her house I asked XD) because her husband works the pipeline... IN ALASKA so he's home 2 weeks and gone 3 and he's not a member and I haven't met him yet. but at Sister Koopmans we spent 4 hours just raking leaves and filled 30 33 Gallon-sized trash bags full and we made a tiny Dent in the yard. People in Ohio like Huge Backyards

Now a kind old lady we love to go and see is Sister Dibacco. She a Less-active that lives in a Care center across the way from us and we just like to go over and read the Book of Mormon with her. shes had a stroke so she struggles to talk and read but you can always tell shes glad for us to come and share the stories of Alma and the Sons of Mosiah with her. last time we went she requested "I" give her a Priesthood Blessing and It was really powerful for me and for her to feel the Love God has for her :) 

Wednesday is really cool because in the morning we go to a Methodist Church near by our house and help with the food bank there and they always make sure we leave with arms full of food so don't worry Mom I am being fed XD

Thursday is what missionaries call a ZLD or a Zero lesson day which was mostly due to having Zone Training meeting in Ashtabula Ohio which is close to a 4 hour drive round trip so that was basically all we did but the meeting was really good still

Saturday I placed my first Book of Mormon! I was in a less active (in both senses of the word as she is confined to her bed) house and she had a Caretaker that was curious about the church and we gave her a condensed restoration lesson and I got to give her the Book of Mormon! I really hope she wants to learn more and she reads it 

which brings me to Monday and to Allen Cottril also known as the Honey Bee Guy

so this started about a week ago we went to see Brother Cottril and invite him to Church as he is a Less active. We knocked on his door in service clothes intending to lend him a hand with what ever he may need help with. He told us he had just gotten back from checking his Hives and invited us in to talk as it was a hot day. we then spent a little under an hour as he told us such Fascinating things about Honey Bees and Hive mentality. He showed us his websitethehoneybeeguy.com and said he's been doing this for 3 years and he's allergic! he then invited us to come with him to check out the hives and see them for yourself so after he assured us of the safety of the Bee suit we agreed on today (monday 13.07.2015) to go with him. and let me tell you it was AMAZING and so very fascinating and enthralling to see he let us hold up the Frames full of bees and to just see them working was so cool 
Not gonna lie I may want to try Honey bees out when I get home now

Love you all and Stay Awesome 


No comments:

Post a Comment