Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Bowling, Mini-Golf, Transfers and A miracle on Day 42

So lets begin where we left off shall we? 

Monday after Emails we went to a Bowling alley with most of our district (the sisters didn't have the miles unfortunately) and our Zone leaders and a few others from our Zone and had a blast (I got a 149 and blew everyone out of the water by about 40 points) after bowling we went to a mini golf course near by and I got killed but I did get the only hole in one! 

So that was Monday and that was Day 41 (I sincerely hope some of you understand why the day is relevant..)
Rolling back to my first week I was writing down the days in my Planner and when I came across Day 42 and jokingly I wrote "Have you figured it out yet?". Let me tell you all that Our Heavenly father Most assuredly has a sense of humor.

Tuesday, Day 42 was our District meeting and this District meeting was a little bit different because after the meeting instead of going home with Elder Parris, I went back to our Apartment with Elder Hesford our District leader. 
On my first exchange I was the "native" missionary so I knew the Area and had to run the area with Elder Hesford. The day was pretty well planned as I had worked hard with Elder Parris the previous night to have things to do.
First we went to Sister Wetherald's a kind old lady that we like to stop by and share messages with and keep her spirits up. She has a strong testimony and is always a pleasure to talk to.
After Sister Wetherald we went to Rocky's Gym to share a Mormon Message with and he really did like it and we talked to him about his mission in Tonga.
Then on to some tracting which was tracting but it was a good time for me and Elder Hesford to talk and learn about each other. 
We then had a great dinner at the Ward Missionaries home, The Barnharts, all and all up to this point a pretty standard but good day...

Then we went to Sister Wallace's House; She had sent us a text last week saying she had some friend's that weren't members that, after she bore her testimony of the Power of Priesthood blessings, desired to have one. So Elder Hesford and I went to their house and started talking to Sister Wallace while we waited for her friends to arrive. Rob and Esther came shortly after and we began by explaining to them of faith and the Authority of the Priesthood. Rob the one that wished for the Blessing seemed a little cynical but at the same time you could see the sadness and confusion in this God's son's eyes. When Elder Hesford extended the invitation to receive The blessing we both knew It was I that needed to give it so when He responded that he didn't care who gave it I stood up and with Elder Hesford beside me gave a blessing to this lost soul.

I have never in my life felt as strongly of the words which I should speak as I did that Tuesday evening, I Testify that God knows us all personally, As I gave the blessing my mouth was filled with words of Comfort and guidance and very specific counsel to some of His troubles. After we both sat down and looked at Rob his eyes had changed. for one they were filled with tears and for another I could see the spirit working with in him, Testifying to him that we are sent by God to help bring him closer to the God that he thought had left him. We began to teach Rob and we taught him 3 nights in a row as he kept his commitments and desired to know more.

However up to this point we had only been teaching him at the Wallace's and not at his own home so we asked what his address was and it was not only out of our area but out of our ward. We passed him on to the sisters in Alliance and we have since heard that he is striving to break the many addictions that Satan has held him captive with. Please keep Rob in your prayers He really does want to know God's will for him and he needs all the support he can get.

The rest of the week went pretty much as they usually do and I got to speak on Pioneer Day Sunday about Pioneers Past and Present so I shared the story of Fredrick Seibold and the Congregation got a kick out of that :) 

I love you all and can't wait to see even More miracles as I serve faithfully and find those who have been prepared to receive the Gospel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment