Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

#notamechanic

This week still started off on Thursday..
still weird 

anyway
we started by weekly planning together to try and find more people to teach 
result? 
pretty much my note section for weekly planning has a 3d image of the word FIND so
yeah still the struggle 
that evening we met up with Elder Brinkerhoff, Elder Van Orden and Brother Gould and had Pizza (courtesy of Brother Gould) before taking the LONG dive to the west lake Mission home...

Man can you believe it was almost 2 years ago I was last in the mission home? I sure can't 
(not to mention It was remodeled since I was there last so the basement isn't a cement dungeon anymore which is nice)
I spent the evening catching up with Elder Koppenhafer who was there as well as a few others, It was really cool to see how much we have all changed, I imagined that is how it will be the last night in the mission home times 10 as I get to see all the Elders I came out with (seeing as those darn sisters already skipped town XD)

Friday Morning we got to go to mission conference with Elder Gay and he talked about so much especially when it comes to how we view our own eternal Progression and how we can love the people by Loving the Savior, also how we need to work with members to get anything to really work at all
then we drove home a long long drive home 

Saturday we helped out the Sane Family by attempting to change the Gas Pump in a 90's Ford Expedition
I now know the pain of using a 13mm socket on a swivel with 10in extension with a 1/4 inch breaker bar underneath a car with about 3 to 4 inches of clearance. 
after about 3 hours of this we got the tank down only to find out some genius used pressure fittings instead of a simple hose clamp to connect to the tank so we had to temporarily abandon that project for the day,   

Then we saw Brother Dougherty again and talked to him for a bit before having to make it home before9:30

Sunday 
I felt alllllll the pain for satudays work and the sitting that was done all friday 
but it was still Church and not just any Church

STAKE CONFERENCE!!
we mormons love our conferences don't we XD
but yeah Youngstown stake conference meant I got to see all my Peeps from Lisbon Ward WAAAAY back when.
Then we had a quick visit with Sister Vandyke and headed home for Call-ins 

Monday we had district meeting, It went well, probably one of my better discussions all things considered
We then saw Roy and read for a bit with him before rounding off the evening with A dinner at the Rivera's who are awesome but Brother Rivera wasn't home so we had to eat in the garage on the Pingpong table, thankfully it was still 50 odd degrees out so it wasn't too bad :)

Tuesday after  seeing Brother Root (and leaving with much food and treats) we returned to the Expedition to only confirm it's demise as we had to re-bolt the tank and the Shield back to the frame so it could be towed then the Lawson's treated us to Lasagna and pie 

and that takes me to now 
so
PEACE

and maybe i'll send some photos this week 
if I don't forget right after I send this email 
which is likely 

Love ya all
Elder Bone
OCM 

No comments:

Post a Comment