Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, December 5, 2016

CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE 2K16!

so yeah we had christmas conference this week and it was epic
UNlike last year's two things changed
I remembered my camera
and 
I actually knew people this time XD

and since that kicked off the week I'll use it to kick off this email!

We all started off at the Kirtland sites to meet and greet and had a good time catching up with everybody

then after everyone had arrived we all piled back into our cars to head to the stake center where we had dinner and watched the slideshow for our mission of all the photos missionaries sent in for it
then we had a bit by President Brown on #LIGHTTHEWORLD 
then back into the cars to drive to the (literally next door) Kirtland Temple! WOOT WOOT OCM REpreSENT, and there we got to sing lots of Christmas Hymns and had some testimonies including but not limited to President Conner of the YT stake 
Sister Newbold (one of the senior couples I worked with in Tallmadge) President Brown, because of course he would be testifying 
and Elder Titera who is one of our Area 70's so that was cool

then we all piled back in the cars and drove home :)

all and all a good day 

the rest of the week was pretty fun
we went to one of our investigators house(s) (english :insert Eyeroll here: )
and they had 8 ADORABLE PITBULL PUPPIES
I about died
3 of them took a nap on my lap 
it was a good day
I'll get pictures next time we go

Sunday was good too 
I got to be Moroni for the primary 
it was fun
That evening I was looking through my journal and I found a poem I started in Solon so I finished it yesterday..

so 
here it is

Dear Father,
The days have been long
the hills steep
the temperature cold 
the work feels so stalemated
Your Son neglected by those who claim otherwise by the crosses the've collected
we walk and talk 
to Your children on the street 
as we try to gather in Thy lost sheep
but this world grows dark and dim
as Satan spreads the lie of sin
I've asked for Strength 
and Hope
and Love
and a soul to free like He did with the caged doves
But as I labor diligently 
I find that a change has occurred in me 
my prayer for strength received response 
by the miles journeyed long 
the plea for hope 
finally seen in a rare glimpse into eternity
The call for love
or charity
felt now, I have, the love of Thee
I feel it so strong and pure for all Thy children 
even those that mock and scorn
Try as I might I have not found the last 
A caged Dove to show that Thou hast forgiven the past 
But as I ponder Quietly
I wonder 
if that Dove
might just be Me
 
I love you all
Have a very Merry Christmas Season
Elder Bone
OCM

Pictures Ho!









No comments:

Post a Comment