Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Alleluia

So this is a Hymn from the Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir album

Elder Whipple and I have been listening to this album and while this is the simplest song on the album it certainly is by no means the least powerful.

We both listen to it differently and picture different scenes, many from the Saviors life.

for me it takes me to a somber moment, a moment of deep pain,as the Savior of the world carried both the sins of the world and the pains of all that have ever and will ever live, on top of that agony in an act of cruel torture, He carried his cross to the mount of his death.  

The words speak of Praise and glad tidings but the tone feels of suppressed pain, I've pondered on this and I've shared this with Elder Whipple that I believe it would be a song sung by angels. angels that, knowing what the eternal out come of what was about to happen were shouting for joy but still were greatly pained at seeing the absolute agony of the one universally loved in heaven but almost universally hated on earth.

IT was a great and dreadful day one of eternal agony and one of eternal joy as hope of the future became possible. 

I love this track and I hope you do too


So musical spiritual side note aside

This week went well as we haven't still had much success on the teaching front but we did have to try our hand at cooking and the food was TASTY 
so that's good
we also had Zone Conference and that was really cool as well.
exchanges went ok, pretty much the same ol, same ol.

lots of tracting and walking but we live

love ya all back home 
Elder Bone
OCM

#Conferenceiscoming
#holdontoyourbutts




No comments:

Post a Comment