Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, May 23, 2016

That moment when all the missionaries around me are rapidly typing and I don't even know what the subject line should be... maybe this will be the subject, Or I don't even put a subject #rebel

from the top

Monday: 
Played some Monopoly after cleaning up
dinner at a members
cancel
went to bed

Tuesday:
District meeting 
went out with a member to visit a high potential Part member family
got there Guy canceled at the door
went to see a less active member instead
lesson went badly 
walked around 
knocked doors 
got a few curse words and some not nice gestures 
had some dinner 
walked around 
got swore at
went to bed

Wednesday:
woke up
walked
had lunch
cancel  
cancel
knocked doors
had dinner
cancel
went to bed

Thursday:
Weekly Planned
taught a guy about the Preisthood
cancel
cancel
had dinner at a members
taught a guy about the book of Mormon
went to bed

Friday;
did some record updating 
cancel
lunch
taught someone about reading
fought exhaustion trying to teach about sacrament
taught why we baptize
had dinner at a members 
went to bed

Saturday:
helped a family
learned new skills
moved a couch
went to bed

Sunday:
went to church
had lunch/dinner at a members 
taught someone about church
went to bed



while on the outside looking in at just the actions of missionaries it may seem like a miserable 2 years of bitter enduring
but actually from a Non-linear Non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of love-y smile-y... mission-y Stuff
for those of you non-Whovians I can translate:

My mission is not the greatest 2 years of my life because I am doing what I want to do when I want to do it.
My mission is great because when I don't want to get up
when I don't want to knock on that door
when I don't want to say HI
I do
and when I do I feel the love of God in my life
when I try my best to do what is right and fall flat on my face He is right there saying try again  in a kind loving way.
My mission isn't about the actions of others its about the Change I feel, its about the love I try to have for Ohio and it's people.

there is so much I have felt and felt those things in ways that are hard to explain.
I have seen personalized mercy appear when I am about to give up and give in 
I have loved every second of my mission especially the hard ones because I am learning 
I am growing 
and I have seen a change that I would never seen without the service I render here in Ohio


I love you all so Much and I hope you know that
Elder Bone
OCM



Mosiah 2:22

And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment