Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, December 14, 2015

no way that can't be right...

I was looking at the calendar and unless I am mistaken I just passed my first quarter of a mission. like has it really already been 6 months?! anyway this has been a crazy week (in a good way) for me so lets hop to it!


 A New Home, New People and a New Companion:

So my new residence is in the Tallmage ward and its still (thankfully) a four elder apartment! and my roommates are none other than the Akron Zone leaders which is sweet! plus they are total (in the words of my sister)  Dorks. we all have been having a good time just having fun!

 The Tallmage ward is broken up in to 3 areas (its a really big ward over 700 members but only 200 or so are actually active) 
Tallmage North (The Zone Leaders)
Tallmage South (the other elders (they aren't in the same apartment as us though) 
and my new area Tallmage West which happens to be a Biking area! (so I am praying that this good weather and lack of snow persists XD)

My new companion, Elder Larsen, is awesome. He was actually trained by the Zone leaders (which isn't at all normal but new mission presidents like to shake things up sometimes) for one transfer and then by Elder Davis (who I replaced) for the last transfer. Elder Larsen and I are both eager to do the work and we do come home crawling though the door every day! (mainly cuz Tallmage is where Ohio stores all it's actual elevation changes but hey i'll take it!)

On to some Highlights for the week

Met Kyle on Thursday, he is really interested in the Gospel and even came to church! Elder Larsen and I are really excited about where he's going so keep him in your prayers!

While we were contacting from a list of former potentials that literally fell into our hands (it was in the area book and fell out of it)  we met Pete and taught him the restoration and we all felt the spirit reading from Moroni 10. we gave him the challenge to read from the Book of Mormon and Pray about it. we are following up on him tomorrow so keep him in your prayers as well!

I am so glad for this change I know that Elder Larsen and I can get work done here in Tallmage and that we both really want to help bless peoples lives.

I love you all and thank you for the prayers and support you give 
Elder Bone OCM



PS
So this is a tangent but one that made my blood boil when I heard it

So the day before Dave Williams was being baptized Elder Koppenhafer and Gledhill went with him to Kirtland. when they arrived they saw a bunch of High school students mulling around the Kirtland temple grounds. not thinking too much of it they walked down to the actual visitor site that's a little ways away from the parking lot
When they were headed back up the High school students were holding a PEP rally INSIDE THE TEMPLE! with drums and all kinds of shouting.
Elder K told me that it took every part of him to not just run in and start flipping tables and whipping people.
The Kirtland Temple was built as a holy house and they made it in to a glorified gymnasium It was despicable.
so yeah made me MAD 

PPS
Ponderize for the week 
Helaman 14:31

31 He hath given unto you that ye might know good from evil, and he hath given unto you that ye might choose life or death; and ye can do good and be restored unto that which is good, or have that which is good restored unto you; or ye can do evil, and have that which is evil restored unto you.




No comments:

Post a Comment