Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Short and sweet

No idea how much time I really have so its gonna be a bit of a blitz for explaining the week 

Monday:
Went shopping, played some ball with the Zone and did a lot of walking that evening 

Tuesday:
District meeting which was a lot of fun and we all had lunch afterward which was fun :)
that afternoon we went to Karyn Shultz house to help her stain the deck. I may have gotten a bit carried away  (OK a lot carried away)  about talking about the gospel. She is firmly baptist and by the end we started bashing... Oops. No ones perfect and Elder Koppenhaffer and I had a solid talk about it and I repented :P

Wednesday: (one day I'll spell it right without having to use spellcheck 
We Walked and Walked and Walked and WALKED around Brunswick (like over 10 miles) I wanted to take the Bikes but elder Sanches didn't so instead we just walked around trying to talk to anyone but didn't see anyone at all so kinda a sucky day
that evening we went to the Girdler's though for dinner and Brother Girdler is from Wales in Manchester so we had an awesome time talking about England and The MG cars that he used to design all the engines for. He also built the old Jaguars and had quite alot to say about "american Muscle" none of it very positive. Really nice guy though! 

Thursday:
Weekly planing and some contacting before going to bishops for dinner and a coordination meeting 


Friday:
all day we tried to find ANYone to teach before we got a call to go to wadsworth (the sister ward) to give a blessing which was pretty much the day

Saturday:
See Friday minus the blessing bit.. it was a rough week only 4 lessons and 3 were members and the other was with the bible bash.. *sigh* 

Sunday: 
So with late start church we have studies, go to Ward council, go to the Block, and then we had a dinner which takes us to 6:30 - 7:00... that night we just hit the streets and found One guy! his name is Jerry and he's from Rifle Colorado. He is really cool guy and we hope we can meet with him soon. 

I love you all and I hope the Utah Winter doesn't hit Too hard

It is starting to get a bit cold out here and I am SOOO not ready for a humid winter

Love 
Elder Bone
OCM

Don't think I forgot this week!

Alma 26:16 
Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

bit of an ambitious one but I came across it in my studies and I felt I should hold this scripture in my heart

Keep Ponderizing!
(if we all keep typing Ponderize maybe we can get it in the dictionary) 



No comments:

Post a Comment