Who I am, Where I am, and what is this blog?

Hello, My Name is Elder Parker Bone. I am a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am currently serving a LDS mission in the Ohio Cleveland Mission I will be serving for two years and will be returning home in Summer of 2017.
I will be emailing my adventure in Ohio to friends and family and this blog will contain those emails.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Welcome to Lima Ohio

SO, Starting from the top

I got transferred Wednesday, I drove the first leg from New Castle to Cleveland then met up with my new ZL Elder Fransen who drove me and a few other elders to our new homes in Toledo South Zone 

Elder Worthington and I met up and got right on out working. and once again I'm on a bike again among the people 
all 5 of them XD 
Lima isn't a very big place but it is certainly pretty interesting I'll take some more photos this week of Lima as I forgot to take my camera most of the week 
we went tracting Immediately and totally found 2 solid investigators within an hour! both we got to teach the Restoration and set up for a return visit on Friday when one of our members comes teaching with us!  
we also had a district dinner at a really cool members 
and we met Jovonny for a new member lesson he just got baptized in February
unfortunaly when we were there the EQ was playing ball and one of the members fell down from a jump funny and disloacted his knee 
it was really bad they had to call the ambulance but he's doing fine now at least! 
  

Thursday I got to remember what it's like not knowing ANYONE in the area XD it's been a while since I was in the JC's shoes but I'll pick it up soon, I always do :)
We did a lot of weekly planing before.. (goes to consult his planner, realized last week is in last planner which I didn't bring... so much for details)

Friday...what did we do friday..... progress record.... annnd dangit

OH thats right we had dinner with the Jones and then went out teaching with.. brother Stanley? I think.. SORRY MOM!

Saturday we went out with Brother Kelly who's the Elders quorum president, Unfortunately Scott, one the Investigators we met on Wednesday was a no show and Jamie had to call and reschedule so we will hopefully get to see them again this week 

Sunday was church and all 
so that was cool 
We had dinner at Brother Babers again this time just with the Zls (who are in our district) as the sisters (who are also in the ward) couldn't make it 
oh and I got to play with Legos with some of Brother Babers nieces and nephews that were there. it took me back to playing with the cousins at Grandma's House 
good times good times

after that we had call ins where I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THEM!!! mwhaHAHAHAHA 
I did help walk Elder Worthington though them as he is my New District leader :)

btw quick bio on Elder Worthington 
He is from Vermont and has been on his mission a little over 4 months 
lima bike has been his only area so far and he's 20

back to the week 

Monday was an interesting District meeting, turns out Elder Fransen and Elder Parris go WAY back to like High school and whatnot so and they have very similar personality so it was like a lisbon district meeting throw-back
after district meeting we had an exchange and I got to talk to Elder Fransen, He's a transfer behind me so he goes home with Elder Nelson and Elder Brinkerhoff
other than Meeting with Jovanny again (and him taking us to a sweet hole in the wall legit mexican place) not much happened on our exchange.

Tuesday we did some service at a nice soup kitchen and then a lot of file updating and alot of walking like a LOT of walking 
about 5 miles  
it was a good day though!

Love you All! 
photos will be following this Shortly
Love
Elder Bone
OCM 








THERE I SENT photos YA HAPPY?!
XD
have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment